Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Werk It! Turn Me On For Your Entertainment!

*Bunching up four talked about music videos that made their world premiere this past week. Some are amazing, some are funny, some I just want to forget. Here we go!


     The song has been stuck in my head since its release, don't know why it has not jumped into the top ten yet, but now Adam Lambert has unveiled the music video for the first single, "Better Than I Know Myself", off his upcoming album. I will say right now that the concept for the video was one I was not expecting. The video is a powerful ballad and I feel that Lambert nailed the visual aspect, I get what he is trying to say, I understand the message. The music video seems to pick up where "Whataya Want From Me" left off, but with a bit of a twist. The concept may be simple, but I can respect and appreciate simplicity if it is done right. And Adam does it perfect!
     The music video introduces viewers to a dark, glam, drunk and out of control version of the singer. Right away I am happy to see that Adam has not completely let go of the edgy, glam side that I fell in love with, but it seems the artist really doesn't want to see that side anymore. Here that side plays the bad guy. The concept pits good versus evil, which may seem boring, but it is far from it. Adam's good side is seen meditating, drinking tea, until both sides collide, forcing Adam to choose which is best for his loving relationship. I think the music video and the song are touching pieces that Adam can add to his arsenal of greatness. Really the best video to premiere this week. It really deserves as much attention as it can get.






     The next in line of fierceness is a video by a woman many may not know about. Manila Luzon, from RuPaul's Drag Race fame, released what I think is the best single by any drag queen contestant. "Hot Couture" was fun, catchy, and had Manila's personality buried deep within. My first impression of the single was not a great one, but it kept growing on me and now it is a daily routine to play the pop perfect track. The music video for the track is a visually stunning one to say the least. Manila gives a great deal of glamour, fierceness, and of course, couture. The video also stands out from the rest of the pack because it actually carries a sweet message of acceptance and being comfortable with who you are.
     Manila is gorgeous throughout, especially the scenes where she is walking through Times Square, but I enjoy how she had fun with the project. That is really what it is all about. The video may not have had a huge budget to work with, but Manila pulled it off and worked with what she had which is a reason I loved her on RuPaul's Drag Race. She gives so many faces, so many personalities, and made me laugh in a good way. The scenes with a younger Manila being accepted by his mother as she catches him wearing make up is touching and brought a huge smile across my face. I did not take Luzon's music career too seriously, but after this release I am waiting for more from a real queen. Werk it Manila, you have a fan in me!



    
     One of my favorite tracks from David Guetta's Nothing But the Beat, besides the Jessie J and Sia collaborations, was the club-ready "Turn Me On" featuring Nicki Minaj. It threw me off to learn that Minaj actually sang the entire track, until I realized AutoTune was the answer. I am not going to fault that here, because I know Nicki is one hell of a live performer. Anyway, the music video for the uptempo track was released on Tuesday and I will say that it creeped me out just a bit. To have a track like this feature demonic-looking mannequins, Nicki on a horse, and Guetta as a Silver Surfer sex dude really blew my mind.     
     The music video is set in what looks like medieval times. Guetta is seen constructing Minaj who at the beginning looks familiar to the robots in I, Robot. Once Nicki is up and running she is shown struting her stuff through a town filled with other Guetta creations that don't seem to be as perfected as Minaj is. Pissed off and ax in hand, the mannequins start towards Guetta's "lab" and show what he really is. I will say I stayed looking at that gorgeous silver body for a while. In the end, Nicki belts out the lyrics of the song, looking rather stunning, and then rides away as she is being chased out of the town. Creepy, weird, but very intriguing!






     Last and least, hype and more hype surrounded the video release of the Queen of Pop, Madonna's (a title that for the last eight years has not held any meaning), video for her first single in three years. My reaction to "Give Me All Your Luvin'" has not been nice or sweet because honestly the track is just awful. I was a Madonna fan, but when you get the nerve to bash musicians like Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, and Elton John then you better come with your A game, and unfortunately she did not. If this is the first offering for your talked-about comeback then I will pass and wait another four years until you are ready and need not to ride on the coat tails of Nicki Minaj.
     The music video for the generic track was unleashed today after a small preview aired during American Idol last night. Right away I felt the visual was a sell out and just alluded to the fact that the singer will be the half time entertainment for this year's Super Bowl. It was too campy, boring, and just plain bad. The colors, the cockiness, the amateur look of it all just doesn't sit well with me. The best part of the video and the track is really the featured verse of Minaj. M.I.A tried her best but added nothing. I want Ray of Light or Confessions on a Dance Floor Madonna, please get rid of the Hard Candy era because that is what this single feels like. Next!



*Well there you have it folks, the best and worst of the week. Hope you all enjoy your lovely weekend. Now I got to go get a few images out of my head! :)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar