Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Monthly Edit

March Monthly Edit

LOVING
One of the biggest trends for spring is hair accessories and I, for one, am fully on board!  From barrettes to headbands to scarves & clips, this is such a fun way to experiment with different styles & switch up your looks from day to day.  I love knotted headbands like this & this; I also just ordered this bamboo clip (this wood option would work well for blondes); these pearl barrettes are similar to the ones in the photo above and this scrunchie/hair tie combo is one of my favorites from last year (I own in 2 colors).

CRAVING
A couple of weeks ago, I spent an entire Saturday pulling all my spring & summer clothes out of storage and switching over my closet for the coming season.  There were quite a few items that ended up in the donate pile, so after I was done, I sat down & made a list of specific items I needed to fill gaps in my wardrobe & a separate “wish list” of items that I wanted to purchase.  At the top of my list currently: these studded slide sandals (also in white, blue & black), this button-front dress, this white eyelet top, this canvas jacket & this satin midi skirt.

MAKING
I don’t know if it has to do with getting older or maybe it’s a symptom of my autoimmune disease, but I’ve had the hardest time falling asleep lately.  As soon as my head hits the pillow, my mind starts racing through my to-do list for the next day and I can’t seem to turn my brain off!  Some of the things I’ve found that help is getting in a solid workout, taking these melatonin gummies and I’ve also started making this chamomile lavender latte as a late evening treat.  It’s so calming & soothing – perfect for helping me wind down after a long day (I have it about twice a week).  I use almond milk with these tea bags (they already have lavender in the them so you don’t have to add the actual buds like the recipe calls for, unless you want a stronger flavor) – I recommend using raw honey instead of maple syrup & don’t skip the vanilla!

USING
I never jumped on the jade roller bandwagon, but when I saw a beauty blogger using this face roller, I was really intrigued.  Of course, after discovering that it was $200, I went on the hunt for something similar at a more affordable price point.  My due diligence paid off when I found this one – nearly identical & only $10!  I’ve been using it in the morning after I apply this oil and I swear it instantly gets rid of any puffiness & gives my face a more lifted, sculpted appearance.  It’s like a mini face massage & is also said to help promote lymphatic drainage, which is an added bonus.

PLANNING
I’m still finalizing all the details, but I’m thrilled to share that I’ll be traveling to India this summer.  I’ll be there for two weeks serving with Freedom Firm at a camp for girls who have been rescued from sex trafficking.  This is a cause that I am so passionate about & I feel honored to have this opportunity to encourage these young women as they begin their journey to healing.  The last time I took a long trip like this was to Fiji for our honeymoon (almost 19 years ago), so if you have any travel tips for international flights, please send them my way.

BUYING
Every year around this time, I begin the dreaded search for great-fitting shorts.  It is probably my least favorite thing to shop for – I honestly would rather go swimsuit shopping!  But, by some miracle, I struck gold this year and have already found a few pairs that are affordable, flattering & just the right length.  These denim cut-offs were the best out of 5 styles that I ordered – these have a higher rise, a 4″ inseam and subtle distressing that gives them a cool lived-in feel (warning: these have zero stretch, so if you’re unsure, I recommend sizing up).  These paper-bag waist shorts were also winners (true to size), as were these high-rise mom shorts & I also picked up this black pair for dressier occasions.  For those of you who are on the hunt too, I’ve included lots of mid-length options in the scrolling bar below!

The post My Monthly Edit appeared first on Penny Pincher Fashion.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar