Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Bookish Spring Weekend

Friday, right after I got home from school, Charly and I took some things from our basement over to the shed in our rental house.  We then went to one of our favorite used book stores that was having a $1 book sale. Yes, both Charly and I did get a few books, because we always need more books.  ;-) 

Saturday was a beautiful, sunny, warm spring day.  We did some running around, going to several different stores. This was the view from the parking lot of one store we went to. I love always having those mountains "watching" over us.  

I finished reading this book and we returned it to the library. 

I also finished this book on Saturday.  I am now at 15 books for the year. 

I had planned to cook dinner Saturday night, but in the late afternoon, we all agreed that getting pizza sounded like the perfect way to end a nice Saturday, so that is just what we did. We got two different kinds of take-out pizza and had a green salad to go with it. I think that is one of my favorite dinners!

We took our walk after dinner on Saturday. There are so many trees out in blossom around here. They are lovely to look and smell so good!

The purple tulips I planted last fall are up and out in bloom now. This is the picture of them I took on Saturday evening after our walk.   I love being outside in the spring time and seeing all the beautiful flowers everywhere. 

Sunday was an ordinary Sabbath for us. I did my scripture reading and Come Follow Me study, then Charly and I watched our church service online, although Josh did go to the service in person.  After church, I did some indexing. This week, I had a big batch of records to index consisting of birth records from 1873 in the state of Virginia. I also indexed some death records from the year 2000 in Monrovia, Liberia.  I met my indexing goal for April this afternoon.  

For dinner,  I made a new to me recipe, One-Pot Enchilada Rice.  You can find the basic recipe here.  It was quite good.  I served it with buttered black bread and fresh guacamole.  After dinner, it was time for our walk, and an additional work-out on my stationary bicycle downstairs.  After I finish this post, I may watch a little TV with Charly, then there will be more reading before bed. 

Some stuff coming up this week:
Monday - staff meeting after school. Ugh.
Also Monday - Josh begins a new semester at school!  He just finished classes for winter semester on Thursday, so he didn't have much of a break, but he got excellent grades in all of his classes! Yay!  We are so proud of him.
Wednesday - Statewide testing for all of our Sophomores at school.  Ugh.  
Wednesday and Thursday - a return to colder temperatures and possible rain and snow. Ugh.

That's all I have for this post. Thanks for stopping by. Have a productive, healthy and happy week, and I will see you again soon. 

😊Deb💙

"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth"
~ 3 John 1:2










 



















 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar