While out shopping one day I saw some Christmas Bunting for sale at the extortionate price of £24.99, it was really lovely and I could imagine it hanging in my kitchen over Christmas, so being a bit of a cheapskate I quickly made my own.
Its the first attempt at doing this and I am very pleased with the way its turned out.
Each flag measures 13cm wide at the top and 20.5 long, thats the finished length, I allowed about 1/2 inch seam allowance. The bias binding is 1inch wide folded over and was perfect for this project. The material was a bundle of 4 fat quarters from ebay at a cost of £7.99 with free p&p and the bias was £1.98 free p&p. I had enough to make an 8foot bunting for me with enough leftover for a small one for a friends Christmas present. Not bad for £10. Piles of flags all turned and pressed.
I laid the bunting out on the bed to take a piccie but with the flash it hasn't shown the true colours. The top one was taken in daylight this morning.I think my grandaughter will want some for her bedroom, I might do that one with nice flowery material and put her name on in felt lettering...........watch this space :-)
Thank you for popping by
Have a lovely evening
Karen xxx

0 Yorumlar