Too many politicians at every level seem to forget that the funds in that budget came straight and directly from the labors of another. The government has no money but that they have taken in taxes. It is not their money. It is my money and your money (and our great great grandchildren’s money).
I don’t understand how you get a tax “refund” when you don’t pay taxes.
I do not understand how one person should pay a higher percentage of his income in taxes than another. 10, 20, or 25% is the same tax burden no matter if your income is $25,000 or $250,000. I also believe every one should pay taxes. We all need a little skin in the game.
I don’t understand why it is an issue to show ID to vote. You have to show one to get unemployment, other benefits, or even get a COVID shot.
I do not believe it is the role of the government to compel us to buy anything, be it an insurance policy or an electric car. That does not mean I am against safety standards or clean air or water. But yes, I have issues with seat belt laws (I never start my car without mine on) or CAFE standards. If I want to buy a car that gets five miles to a gallon, it is my money to waste on gas.
I believe we should judge a person on the content of his character, not the color of his skin. Period. That works both ways. There is no reason to have hate crime laws. A crime is a crime. Intent is not relevant.
Everyone should have equal opportunity. That doesn’t mean equal results. Some people are smarter than others. Some are better athletes. We all can’t be winners, be it the soccer field, or in life.
No one is guaranteed a right not to be offended. If people say or do stuff I find offensive I remove them from my life. Sometimes a joke is a joke. If you don’t find it funny, move on.
I believe the market will solve most problems. The law of supply and demand is immutable. To reference a post from a few days ago, if there is a demand for electric cars, the market will provide those vehicles. Not the government.
If these ideas make me a knuckle dragging Neanderthal, so be it.
I write this knowing these positions will be evidence at my coming show trial.
Edit: Every day I read Rotten Chestnuts and think that is exactly what I wish my blog was like. The linked post is even tangentially related to this mediocre post.

0 Yorumlar