Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Five On Friday

As we hurtle through October, the days are getting shorter and time seems to be running away with me,  I seem to have more to do in the day than time allows.  My holiday is also almost upon on, exciting times and I do know from bitter experience that I will suffer from jet lag on my return.  To that end, I have doubled up on some of the meals prepared this week, to pop into the freezer to use on my return or when needed as I have run out of time.

I made a delicious pot roast using a piece of brisket, which once sliced made the basis for another 4 meals.  Of course I had to make Yorkshire puddings to go with it, so there is also a beautiful accompaniment for the beef all ready to go.  I did add some sage and onion stuffing mix to the batter to give it a extra dimension it does make them a little stodgy but they do freeze well.



 
I have also made an enormous rice pudding which made 8 portions, 6 for the freezer.  I grated a little cinnamon on the top to give it a little boost.
 

 
The Sunday roast last week was pork, a larger joint was roasted and then carved and put into gravy in preparation for the freezer, an extra 6 generous portions were squirrelled away.
 
 
Fourth on my list was chicken, I cooked 4 chicken breast instead of 2 in bits and pieces that were lurking in the bottom of the fridge, pepper, onion, black olives and a little grated cheese.  I therefore have another dinner prepared for my return.
 
 
 
The colder weather that is starting to show is making us yearn for the stodgy puddings of our childhood.  Who remembers school dinners and the inevitable steam pudding with custard?  Both my husband and I love these puddings, so I have made a marmalade steam pudding for our return.  Of course we had to have a portion each to ensure it was good enough for the freezer.  How long that will last in the freezer is under debate, not long I fear.
 

 
I am again joining Amy over at lovemademyhome.blogspot.co.uk/ for the weekly get together.  Pop over and join the fun.  My apologies for the quality of the photographs, I was trying to take them when they were still hot and the lens kept steaming up, silly me.
 
See you soon.
 
 
 


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar