Well my friends I have nothing exciting to share. Not much of anything to seriously blog about. I did finish a cowl, while I like it very much it isn't all that fascinating or exciting.
Made for a friend for Christmas, it is definitely her colors. I have had this yarn for a while, bought on sale when my LYS closed. Misti Alpaca Baby Me Boo in the color Green Tourmaline.
Based on the Interrupted Cowl pattern I have made two of already. This time I cast on 125 stitches on size 10 needles, joined and knit the thinner parts and purled the thicker parts. This yarn does not have as obvious thick and thin areas like the two previous cowls I made, but had enough variation to give it a lovely texture. I am making one more, yup in the same exact yarn as I had two skeins of it and one skein seems about perfect for this cowl. Another gift to give for a friend's birthday. The yarn is really soft and beautiful to work with, so I hope it will be soft and beautiful to wear. That is another 170 yards of yarn that has left my stash.
Glitter tree spinning around from the inside of my house.
Glitter tree spinning around taken from outside my house. I have eleven of them hanging in my windows catching the light as it changes all day long into evening. Please don't notice my dirty windows, I have no time for that task in my life right now.
This is the second cactus I purchased several years ago, Princess is her name and boy does she like to put on a show. She is huge, and I tell her all the time that she should be very proud of her size, big is beautiful!
My parents cactus, Princess was smaller than this when I bought her. I think I might call this one Little Girl, by the rate she is growing she won't be little for long.
Next to Little Girl is Her Highness, I have had this beauty for years and years. She is so lovely and large. She waits patiently for the other two to start blooming and then wows all of us with her gorgeous red blooms. She blooms every single year, no matter where I place her. She doesn't care if I over or under water her, she just takes it all like the Queen she is.
I am a bit out of sorts as today was a day off to take Little Buddy to Neurology, right smack in the middle of the day. I will be making up work on Friday so really won't get much of a break. He is doing well so far. The nurse practitioner that we see every six months was as shocked as we were that he had this massive seizure. He has done well for so long, but the good news is he is on meds, tolerating them well, and hopefully we can control this new aspect of his care. I spent all yesterday afternoon and this morning writing up re-evaluations for work, it is a blessing to get them out of my head and down on paper. No more huge paperwork for me for the month. Now if I could just get to those Christmas cards........
Hope your Wednesday is more Ho Ho Ho, than Ho Hum!

0 Yorumlar