As I think I mentioned at least once before, in an ideal world a Quality Assurance person would be 100% dogmatic. In fact, this goofy belief cost me 'way too much capital at my first major Quality gig.
I've had to learn to be "pragmatic" about how a company really wants their Quality System run.
On "Day Two" of my new job, I became aware that I would have to recalibrate my expectations about how things are handled at the dishwasher rack factory. I had, like, three documents that were referenced in doing an incoming inspection on some components and none of them agreed with each other.
After talking to several people, including the fellow who had retired from the job, I've come to the pragmatic conclusion that this is how they want it and I should just do what had been done previously.
Fine.
After spending the morning coming to that conclusion, I returned from lunch and "got on with it."
It's hard to believe that it was only a week ago that I was planning my "last day at the printing plant" festivities with the biscuits and everything. It truly seems like a lifetime ago and, I guess it really was.
My first paycheck from the new gig should be in my hot little hands a week from tomorrow. Talk about a "Happy Thanksgiving!"

0 Yorumlar