Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

No News is Good News

It’s been a quiet few days, and I like it like this.

There was an errand I’ve been wanting to run since after Friday’s workout, but the high winds sent me straight back to the complex and is keeping me inside. Winds so high that I could barely make it to the dumpster or mail center yesterday.

So, thus far, it's been a peaceful weekend of catching up on recorded TV programs, needlepoint, meditating, and thinking about how I could simplify my surroundings and/or move things around to display my latest acquisition.

My friend Q recently lost his partner Ron to a non-Covid related illness and thought I might like some of the items left behind in the china cupboard.

I did indeed.

So, after pondering, thinking, moving other things around in my mind, I find I can't squeeze them in. I need a bigger unit with more storage and display space.

Since that isn’t going to happen, unless and until I win the Lottery, looks like I’ll have to bubble wrap and put in storage.


I think what I have here are Vintage Black Americana Aunt Jemima salt/pepper shakers, cookie jar an Uncle Remus shaker and a nameless Chef.

Some find these collectibles offensive/racist.

I’m not that uptight.

In fact, I can remember back when the elementary school I attended offered summer arts/craft classes, and we painted ceramic figurines, I’d paint mine jet black.

Even now, I do needlepoints depicting Black and Brown people and, back when I was making mop dolls, I’d do their faces black, brown, beige.

I showed you the Black Cowgirl back in July, but my favorite mop doll is one that will display nicely with the Black Americana I received.


This doll, along with the cowgirl, and a kazillion other items, are in storage until, like I said, the Lottery comes along and I have more space.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar